Lewis and Tibbitts Inc. (L&T) is one of the leading underground utility construction companies in the Silicon Valley serving both private and public clients for over 40 years. We are centrally located near downtown San Jose allowing us to serve clients in the counties of Santa Clara, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Monterey, & Alameda. Thanks to our strong client relationships and high quality work we are looking to hire an estimator / project manager with a strong background in wet utility installation. The individuals we are looking for must have great problem-solving and communication skills, enjoy working outdoors, display leadership potential, are self-motivated and dependable. If you possess these attributes, then we may have a rewarding position available for you.
• Estimate water mainline, water service, fire hydrants, water tanks, and pump station projects
• Work with Estimators, Project Managers, Superintendents and Foremen to manage water utility projects
• Attend client meetings, job walks, & bid openings,
• Obtain quotes from subcontractors and set up contract agreements for subcontractors
• Complete project material take offs and order material for all water projects and review invoices
• Track estimated weekly job cost and sales
• At least 5 Years of experience estimating water utility projects
• At least 5 Years of experience project managing water utility or related projects
• Familiarity using Windows and standard Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience with construction scheduling and PM software such as Microsoft Project
• Active Class C Driver’s License in good standing
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Business, or related field.
• Experience using HCSS software for bidding and project management
• Experience estimating/PM joint trench utility construction
• Experience estimating/PM asphaltic concrete construction
Salary to be negotiated based on experience.
As a privately held company, L&T rewards its employees with outstanding retirement packages, unparalleled health benefits, and competitive salaries. Benefits include Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance, 401k, ESOP, Paid Vacation Days, and Paid Time Off.
To Apply, please use our Contact Us form.